CCPD Offers Training Through Workforce Development Programs
If you are unemployed or have lost your job because of company downsizing, you may be eligible for a training grant through the New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJ LWD). If you qualify, a number of training programs may be available to you at no cost.
The Rutgers' Center for Continuing Professional Development (CCPD) offers a variety of online certificate training programs that are grant eligible. You can search our course catalog for the training options that are right for you.
In order to determine if you are eligible for a training grant, please contact your local New Jersey One-Stop Career Center. One-Stop Career Centers are located by county throughout New Jersey. Your local One-Stop offers free employment services to help you develop the skills necessary to find a job. Employment counselors will work with you to review your career options based upon your current skill set.
The CCPD Online Certificate Programs can boost your marketability through professional skill development. Whether are you learning a new skill, sharpening your current skill set, or maintaining your skill competency, CCPD has a training program that meets your need. Our online certificate programs utilize the latest in online learning content and technology to help you become a stronger job candidate.
Please note that procedures vary from One-Stop to One-Stop, so these are general guidelines. We encourage you to contact us at 732-932-6998, ext. 604 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if you need help along the way.
- Contact your local New Jersey One-Stop Career Center as soon as possible to determine your eligibility and to begin the process to apply for a Workforce Grant. Although these programs do not qualify for the NJ Tuition Waiver, they are eligible for WDP, WIA, ARRA, TRA, DVR and similar funding (note: a few programs are not eligible for "WIA" grants - see the individual listings on the NJ Training Opportunities website).
- Review the eligible programs listed in our course catalog. Please contact us with your questions to get more detailed information about the program(s) that interest you.
- Once you have been instructed to prepare for a one-on-one meeting with your One-Stop employment counselor, please call Sharon Raynor at 732-932-6998, ext. 604 or email email@example.com.
- When your training grant has been approved by your One-Stop employment counselor, we will send a Letter of Acceptance.
- Upon receipt of your Letter of Acceptance, your One-Stop employment counselor will provide us with a contract for your training. Once we receive the contract, the registration process begins.
New Jersey's One-Stop Career Centers are staffed with qualified professionals to assist you in assessing your skills, obtaining employment, and offering training programs. For more information on your eligibility for training grant funding from NJ Employment and Training, please contact your local One-Stop Career Center.
For assistance to begin this process or for assistance along the way, please contact:
Workforce Development and Certification Exams
Phone: 732-932-6998, ext. 604